Some relevant links I’ve found on my way. Please leave a comment if you have other links that might be relevant.
Other weather station projects (with stuff relevant for my project)
- Solar-Powered-WiFi-Weather-Station using Wemos D1 Mini Pro. Includes info on 8266 sleepmode, showing data on smartphone and sending data to ThingsSpeak.com
- Dani Eichhorn has created a weather station based on ESP8266 and a small OLED display. It reads weather data from http://wunderground.com using his own JSON parser. Read more at this entry in his SquixTechBlog .
- (Video) Wireless Weather Station using Arduino Due, DHT22 sensor and NRF24L01+ modules!,
- (Video)IOT Arduino project internet weather station V2 – RA8875 – Teensy 3.6 – ESP8266 – BME280
- (Video from educ8s.tv) Build a Weather Station with Arduino a Nextion Display
- WeatherDuino-Pro2 The goal of the WeatherDuino Pro2 project is allowing you to build yourself a full weather station.It’s designed to be able to use sensors and measuring instruments widely available in the market, such as rain gauges and anemometers used in popular Fine Offset weather stations. Tons of information
- wunderweatherstation Stand alone personal weather station with web interface and remote control features
- Solar powered arduino weather station at instructables.com. Contains information on how to chose solar panels, how to boost voltage for charging etc.
- Weatherstation based on Arduino nano from instructables.com with wireless 433MHz communication to pressure, temperature, humidity and peer sensor.
- tinkerman.eldiariblau.net Solar powered outdoor sensor based on Arduino Fio, XBee, humidity, temperature and pressure sensors
- openhomeautomation Arduino + cc3000 weather station. Not really a complete weather station, but example on how to connect one to wifi
- manylabs weatherstation with arduino
- itech.fgcu.edu/faculty/zalewski weatherstation with xbee wireless transceivers.
- Adafruit Cloud connected weather station with Arduino Yun and Temboo
- This Raspberry Pi TFT Weather station uses Raspberry PI, Python weather API and a 2.8″ TFT display.
- solar-powered-mini-weather-station using Arduino Pro Mini, sensors and solar power.
- http://www.instructables.com/id/Esay-IoT-Weather-Station-With-Multiple-Sensors/ NodeMCU based sensors module with temperature, humidity, pressure, dew point etc. talking to Thingsspeak.
Other weather station projects (with stuff not directly relevant for my project)
- www.toptal.com Internet enabled weatherstation that can measure wind, temperature, humidity, rain, and pressure.
Weather/sensor shields made by others (relevant for my project)
- Arduino Shield with pressure, humidity, light etc. www.zipfelmaus.com
- Arduino shield with temperature, humidity and pressure sensors. www.open-electronics.org
- Sparkfun weather shield with pressure, humidity, luminosity and temperature. www.sparkfun.com
Hacking existing products into a weatherstation
Commercial weather stations that looks a bit similar to what I want to design
- ronbenmultimedia weather-station-digital-photoframe-8-inch-premium-design
- Professional Wireless Weather Station with 7″ Colour LCD(AmbientWeather ws1000)
- Acurite weather stations
Non-weatherstation projects that are still relevant for my project
- Arduino, CC3000 and nrf24L01, Home Sensor Network – Part 1 at bitknitting.wordpress.com. Relevant for my own work on wireless communication between main unit and external sensors.
- Moteino Arduino and RF tranceiver in one package. Could be interesting as processor in external outdoor unit.
- 2.4GHz Wireless bootloader
- forum.netweather.tv – weather stations and equipment
- The independent weather enthusiast’s forum covering weather station hardware and software as well as organizations, sites etc.
- Home Built/Kit Weather Stations/Sensors section in Weather-Watch Forum
I’m not a graphical designer. I’m going to search for a set of nice weather icons on the net. This year (2014), a “flat look” seems to be popular. Although claimed not to be “yet another fleeting aesthetic trend”, I’m not sure if that’s what I want. I guess I don’t know what I want before I see it.
A google search for ‘free weather icons’ might be enough. But I’ll try to add some links if I find good candidates. Preferable they should be images, but vector based or css based might also be relevant.
- This Raspberry Pi TFT Weather status uses symbols from Deviant Art.
wunderground have som sets of symbols.
Just a collection of links that I’ve found during practical experimenting with arduino, sensors, display etc:
- Convert between 5V and 3.3V. Arduino boards, displays often require mix of 5v and 3.3v. This Microship Tips&Tricks explains how.
Digging deeper into protocols etc…
Some links with useful deeper tech information that I’ve found on the way…